SimCardioTest Workshop: verification & validation of in-silico models
The H2020 SimCardioTest project aims to bring the field of cardiac simulation further through the development of a web-based platform to perform standardised, in-silico trials for testing the efficacy and safety of drugs and devices in 3 concrete use cases.
The verification and uncertainty quantification, to abide by the standards, will allow to quantify discretisation errors (in time and space) and numerical solver errors. Uncertainty in model predictions will be compared to actual measurements. To extend the verification, validation will be implemented according to the ASMEV&V 40 standards including risk evaluation as well as certification support for in-silico trials.
To further discuss verification & validation processes for in-silico models, SimCardiotest (Maxime Sermesant & MichèleBarbier, Inria; Valerie Centis, Microport) organises this workshop with the participation of other EU-funded projects, including SIMCor.
The event will be held remotely on the afternoon of 8 February 2022 (14:00 – 16:00 CET). The agenda will include the following:
- 14:00 – SimCardioTest Welcome note & Presentation (Maxime Sermesant, Inria)
- 14:20 – Keynote Lecture on Verification & Validation of Modeling for MRI conditional safety (Romano Setzu, Microport)
- 15:00 – Verification & Validation processes in other EU H2020 projects (Moderator: Liesbet Geris, VPHi)
- InSilicoWorld and the Good Simulation Practiceposition paper (Marco Viceconti, Università di Bologna)
- SIMCor: Validation Strategy for in-silico testing of medical devices based on virtual cohorts (JanBrüning, Charité, Institute of Computer-assisted Cardiovascular Medicine)
- SimInSitu – Challenges & OpportunitiesImplementing A Tiered Validation Approach (NilsGötzen, 4realsim)
- EU-Stands4pm, ISO-Technical Specification forcomputational modelling approaches (Marc Kirshner, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH)
Participation is free upon registration.